- Features & Benefits
The easiest and fastest way to see your weather data on WeatherLink.com is with WeatherLinkIP. Simply plug the data logger into the back of your Vantage console or your Weather Envoy and connect the cable to your cable/DSL router. You don’t even need a computer! Within minutes, you’ll be able to see your weather data live on the Internet. In addition, WeatherLinkIP gives you all the features of the WeatherLink Network, Davis’ global weather network.
Automatic Data Uploads to WeatherLink.com
You get all the great features of the WeatherLink Network, plus:
•Data is uploaded to WeatherLink.com every minute, even when your PC is not running; a PC is not required to upload data.
•Your weather data is available for download from WeatherLink.com to your PC.
•Sends daily summary and alarm emails.
Access your data on your computer or smartphone
Access your data from any computer with internet access. Download a free app for iPhone or Android to see your weather on your smartphone.
Download your data from WeatherLink.com to your computer for further analysis in WeatherLink software (included).
No subscription fee
WeatherLinkIP is “plug-and-play,” when used with Weatherlink.com and there is no annual subscription.
Get email alerts
Simple configuration steps let you:
- Get email alerts when condtions change.
- Upload to third-party weather sites to share your weather.
Data Storage & Upload
- WeatherLink.com will store up to two years’ worth of data, depending on your archive interval.
- Data is stored in 128K of non-volatile memory. It is protected even if the console loses power.
- User-selectable from the following intervals (in minutes): 1, 5, 10, 15,30, 60, or 120
- Archive Storage Capacity (the amount of time before the archive is completely filled):
1 Minute Archive Interval: 42 hours
5 Minute Archive Interval: 8 days
10 Minute Archive Interval: 17 days
15 Minute Archive Interval: 26 days
30 Minute Archive Interval: 53 days
60 Minute Archive Interval: 106 days
120 Minute Archive Interval: 213 days
- Data logger automatically sends data to WeatherLink.com without connection to a computer.
- Current conditions are uploaded every 60 seconds.
- Archive records are uploaded every 60 minutes.
- Power: 5VDC from console, 0.5 watts maximum consumption
- Operating Temperature: . +14° to 140° F (-10° to 60° C)
Includes WeatherLink software on CD, data logger, and 5 ft. (1.5 m) cable to connect the data logger to your broadband router. Works with Vantage Pro2 and Vantage Vue stations.
Compatibility & System Requirements
- The data logger requires a console from which to retrieve data. It fits neatly into all the following models: wireless or cabled Vantage Pro2 or Vantage Vue console, or Weather Envoy.
- Requires Windows XP or above
- A router or hub and Internet service are required
- Not required for Vantage Connect products
- Not compatible with Envoy8X