Measures the sunburning portion of the UV spectrum. Allows you to display UV index, dose rate, and daily and accumulated dose.
- Features & Benefits
Our precision, patented UV sensor measures the sunburning portion of the UV spectrum. It detects ultraviolet (UV) radiation at wavelengths of 290 to 390 nanometers. The spectral response is closely matched to the Erythema Action Spectrum, defined by McKinlay and Diffey (1987) and internationally recognized as the radiation that is most responsible for causing redness of the human skin.
Allows you to display UV index, dose rate, and daily and accumulated dose.
Compatible with Vantage Pro2. (Already included with Vantage Pro2 Plus.)
You may also need a Solar Sensor (#6450) and Sensor Mounting Shelf (#6673).
Designed for accuracy
- Diffuser provides excellent cosine response.
- Measures global solar UV irradiance, which includes both directly transmitted and scattered UV.
- Transducer responds only to radiation in the region of interest and is stable in the presence of heat and humidity.
- Cutoff ring with a comb structure for cosine response of ± 4% FS.
Stands up to the weather
- Two-piece housing minimizes radiation heating, allows convection cooling of the sensor, and prevents the trapping of water or dust.
- UV sensor with built-in level
- 2 ft (0.6 m) cable
- A Vantage Pro2 sensor suite. Note: Vantage Pro2 Plus already includes this product.
- A Sensor Mounting Shelf (#6673) for mounting to a Vantage Pro2 sensor suite.