Vantage Vue Weather Station
Local weather conditions can change over short distances. A local weather station provides an overview of the weather in your area, but this might not reflect the microclimate in your backyard. The Davis Vantage Vue weather station is the perfect solution for anyone who wants real-time, hyper-local weather information. Vantage Vue weather stations have been providing vital data to homeowners, farmers, gardeners, educators, community leaders, outdoor recreation enthusiasts, researchers, businesses, and weather enthusiasts for many years.
Highlights Click here to learn more about the product.
- Accurate, reliable weather monitoring with real-time data updates every 2.5 seconds.
- Self-contained, easy-to-install system includes sensor suite and console.
- Industry-leading transmission range of 1,000’/300 m from the sensor suite to the console.
- Sensor suite’s rugged, weather-proof housing gives you years of reliable data.
- Console’s innovative Weather Center displays weather variables over the last 25 days, and more information on each variable.
- You get inside and outside temperature and humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed and direction, rainfall, dewpoint, wind chill, forecast, moon phase, alarms, and more.
- Pair with a data collection product to access data anywhere, anytime, with WeatherLink Cloud.
- "Change in weather since yesterday” feature allows comparison of temperature and barometric pressure from day to day.
- Sensor suite is solar-powered with battery-backup; console is AC-powered with battery-backup.
- Set 22 simultaneous alarms to warn of dangers such as high wind, freezing temperatures, rain rate, heat index, and more.
FAQsClick here to view popular questions and answers about the product.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions people have about the Davis Vantage Vue line of weather stations.
What is Vantage Vue?
Davis Vantage Vue is a state-of-the-art weather station that provides local, real-time weather data. The data is sent from the sensor suite wirelessly to the console, which provides historical graphs and forecasting capabilities. The Vantage Vue line is designed to help those who need to know what the weather is in their own backyard instead of regional averages provided by local news sources. It is an accurate, reliable, and durable backyard weather station that is easy to install and easy-to-use.
How do I connect my Vantage Vue to the internet?
The best part about the Vantage Vue is that you can upload and access your data remotely using a Wi-Fi connection by adding a WeatherLink Live to your system. Installing your weather station and setting up your WeatherLink Live to receive data is as easy as following the included instructions. First, install the WeatherLink mobile app on your phone and create a free WeatherLink.com account. With your phone’s Bluetooth on and the phone near the WeatherLink Live, tap the Account Icon in the upper right corner. Scroll down to WeatherLink Live and tap the Add button. The app will walk you through powering up and connecting your WeatherLink Live and setting up the Vantage Vue sensor suite to transmit to the WeatherLink Live.
You can upload your data to a weather service website such as Weather Underground by logging in to WeatherLink.com. Click Share & Uploads, then click Upload, and Add Upload. Choose Weather Underground from the pull-down menu, then enter your station ID and Key.
How do I change the battery in my Vantage Vue?
The Vantage Vue weather station’s sensor suite operates using a solar panel with a 3-volt lithium battery back-up. A supercapacitor powers the system at night. The battery should last several years, depending on solar charging. The console is AC-powered with battery backup from three C-cell batteries, which should last up to 9 months without AC-power. The console will indicate when battery power is low, on either the sensor suite or console.
To replace the 3-volt lithium battery on the sensor suite, open the battery compartment on the bottom of the sensor suite. To change the C-cell batteries in the console, with AC-power connected, open the battery compartment on the back of the console.
How do I reset my Vantage Vue?
The Vantage Vue weather station console does not have a reset button. To reset it, remove all power sources, both the AC-power cord and batteries. You should leave it disconnected for 10 to 20 seconds and then repower the unit to restart it.