what we do
Davis Instruments, a privately held manufacturing company, takes pride in developing high-quality, reasonably priced products that offer practical solutions to real-life problems. Located in Hayward, California, we back our products with outstanding customer service.
One Year Limited Warranty
We warrant our products to be free of defects in material and workmanship for one year from the date of original purchase. During the warranty period, we will either repair or replace the product free of charge. We recommend you register your Davis product.
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
If for any reason you are not satisfied with something purchased directly from us, return it within 30 days of purchase and we will gladly refund your purchase price. This guarantee does not apply to opened software packages.
- April 1, 2016
Technical Support Representative
The representative will perform troubleshooting and problem resolution tasks to end users and resellers in the US and around the world resulting in exceptional customer satisfaction. Calls will entail application engineering, custom configuration, testing and troubleshooting, order management and facilitation of replacement/repair.
Davis Instruments is not a mega-company, where your relationship with your colleagues is strictly via email or just across the conference table. We are a company where we eat lunch with the engineers who are designing the next improvement to our products. If you wonder how a product is being assembled, you walk out on the production floor and watch it being assembled. It’s a company where we talk about current events with purchasing staff and take break time walks around the block with marketing staff. It’s a place where each person really matters, where you can make a real difference, and where we value the balance between work and family.
Our new team member must have:
- An AA in electronics or computer science.
- 2 years experience in a technical support call center.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Proven ability to diagnose and troubleshoot hardware/system level failures.
- Understanding of basic web page technology (HTML coding, FTP, etc. )
- The curiosity and drive to resolve any puzzle that comes their way.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, RS-232, com/irq conflicts and USB communications.
Preferred but not required:
- Background in meteorological sciences and/or fleet vehicle safety management programs.
- Experience in coding with VB, VBA, C++ and implementing Dlls.
- Familiarity with database structures including sequential, binary, SQL, mySQL, Oracle and Access.
Davis Instruments is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply using the form below or check out our application information for more ways to apply.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB